Scanmin Africa Specializes in metallurgical engineering and is a qualified real time analysis company based in Johannesburg.
Moisture measurement has always been an important process parameter. Traditionally this has been carried out using the conventional laboratory real time analysis of a manual sample. Not only is this an expensive and time consuming process but the time taken to provide the result means that the information is only of historical value. During the time interval between taking the sample and reporting the result, operational conditions may have changed and the reported result may no longer be valid.
The ultraMOIST On-Belt Moisture Measurement System now allows the accurate measurement of moisture in real time analysis. This ready availability of moisture information allows proactive process control actions. The information can be used in a number of ways including:
- Metallurgical engineering /process accounting
- Diverting excessively moist material away from vulnerable downstream processes
- Feedback control to a dryer circuit
- Feed forward/back control to spray bars for dust control
- Product nett weight monitoring for quality control purposes
- Product moisture/dry mass contract compliance, etc., etc.
The microwave moisture technique has been found to be suited to a wide range of materials including; coal, iron ore, chrome, platinum ore, gold ore, wood flake, bauxite, sugar, bagasse, sand, mineral sands, foods, chemicals, etc. etc.
For more information on our metallurgical engineering and real time analysis services, contact us today!